My youngest called me this morning and said Congratulations, you made half-way to an A!
It’s my birthday. I’m 45.
My kids know I’m shooting for 100. An A+ in life; that’s my goal. I guess 45 means I’m almost to the half-way point. It feels like a pretty big year. I want to mark it in a special way.
This past fall, Trina from Beginner Beans blog celebrated her 30th birthday with a blog series. I loved reading it so much, I decided to borrow her idea and use it to celebrate my 45th year. (Thanks for the brilliance, Trina.)
Over the course of this year, I will write 45 posts– about one per week– to reflect on life and things I love. It will be fun and occasionally serious. Today I’m sticking with fun.
It’s my birthday after all!
45 Facts that Make Me, Me:
- I’m an only child.
- I’m a cat and a dog person. My family says I favor cats over dogs. They are probably right.
- Barnes and Noble is my happy place.
- Reading is my favorite hobby (see #3.)
- I want to summit a mountain- a REALLY big one.
- I love to learn.
- Lists are my friends. I even make lists for my lists.
- In spite of my list making habit, I am very messy.
- I’m a night owl. 10:30pm-1am are my jam.
- My mom brought me orange juice every morning to help wake me up. I still love orange juice first thing in the morning.
- Fresh vegetables are the best. Especially tomatoes.
- Speaking of tomatoes, the only way I like bacon is in the summer squished between white bread, mayo, and thick slices of fresh tomatoes.
- I’m a lefty.
- My middle name is Elizabeth. That’s why I’m Amy E Patton on social media. 🙂
- My Myers-Briggs is INFJ.
- I love playing board games. I’m not a fan of card games.
- Pop culture is not my thing. That is half the reason I don’t like Saturday Night Live.
- I despise crass humor– that’s the other reason I don’t like SNL.
- My family says I talk in paragraphs instead of sentences. I hope this list proves them wrong. It won’t. 🙂
- Life is better with cheese.
- My favorite color is blue. Slate and teal are my favorite shades.
- I also love pink and lime green.
- I’m a girly girl.
- I took ballet for over 14 years and loved every minute of it.
- I play the piano.
- I love to sing.
- If a movie has music or dancing in it, I’m a goner. (Sound of Music, Footloose, Dirty Dancing, Save the Last Dance, Pitch Perfect– minus the unsavory humor… I could go on forever.)
- I do not get stage fright and love public speaking. The only jitters I get are the rush of adrenaline.
- I was one of the top theater students in Georgia in 1988.
- And yet, I love science.
- Sociology, psychology, and statistics fascinate me.
- My least favorite subject far and away was PE. If I never play kickball, dodge ball or red rover again, I will call mine a blessed life.
- I love Pilates.
- I got married at 19.
- I loved being a stay at home mom.
- My kids knock my socks off. So does John. I thank God for them.
- Spring is my favorite season only if it exists where I live (i.e. not Chicago). Otherwise, it’s fall.
- I have an odd affection for disaster flicks and sci-fi movies.
- I do not, as a general rule, like parties. Parties unlike public speaking and acting cause me a great deal of anxiety.
- Amelia Earhart and Helen Keller are my heroes. I disdain jokes about either of them.
- Anne of Green Gables and Laura Ingles Wilder take up a huge space in my heart.
- John and my kids tell me I’m one of the strongest and bravest people they know. I’m starting to believe them.
- I don’t romanticize history. I’m glad I live now. Modern conveniences are the bomb.
- I’m not a fan of burgers or pizza. Does that make me un-American?
- I would love to spend a day or ten talking to Beth Moore, Laura Bush, Kate Middleton, and Bethany Haley Williams. Not at the same time and all for different reasons.
Wow! That was a lot of information. I hope it helped you get to know me better. I also hope you will join my on this journey. It’s going to be a great year!
With Joy and Love,