Summer is here! That means it’s time for some light, fun, relaxing posts. So today, I am linking up with my friend Tanya and sharing my top 4 answers to random fun facts about me.
4 Jobs I’ve Had:
1. Waitress at a local pizza parlor (1st job ever, and the reason I HATE pizza to this day.)
2. Three year old preschool teacher at a private Christian school (LOVED this job!)
3. Substitute teacher (Also LOVED this job. Still find it amazing that the computer teachers and the calculus teacher had me on speed dial to sub for them because I could teach the class rather than babysit. However, my favorite grades to teach were 5th & 6th graders at the intermediate school. I loved teaching literature and reading out loud. All of this makes sense though because I was also a math and reading tutor during this same season.)
4. Merry Maid (Go ahead and laugh. I KNOW the idea of ME cleaning other people’s homes is hilarious. It’s a longggggg story about me getting mad at my husband and trying to prove him wrong. It didn’t work.)
4 Movies I’ve Watched More Than Once:
1. National Treasure (Watched it so often I had to replace the DVD.)
2. Volcano (Embarrassingly, I also wore this movie out.)
3. Pitch Perfect (I know every line and dance move, which I may of may not annoy my family by performing while we watch this movie.)
4. In Her Shoes. (I still cry every single time.)
4 Books I Would Recommend:
1. Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
2. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
3. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
4. For the Love by Jen Hatmaker (Shameless but honest plug for Jen’s new book which releases August 18. I have never laughed or cried so hard in one book.)
4 Books I Want to Read:
1. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
2. Wearing God by Lauren Winner
3. Inside the O’Briens by Lisa Genova
4. The Bookman’s Tale by Charlie Lovett
4 Places I’ve Been (and want to go back to):
1. Rocky Mountain National Park
3. San Antonio
4 TV Shows I Watch:
I am not currently watching any TV shows, so here are 4 TV Shows My Family Watches that I am vaguely aware:
1. Hawaii Five-O
3. Sports- Right now that consists of the Blackhawks finals and the NBA finals
4. Game of Thrones (Although I usually leave the room when this is on.)
4 Things I am Looking Forward to This Year (2015):
1. A SUPER BIG DEAL THING I can’t tell ANYONE about and it’s KILLING ME NOT TO!
(stay tuned!) UPDATE: ANDY GOT ENGAGED!
3. Giving my husband his birthday gift. (His birthday isn’t until October, and I already know what I’m giving him. Surprises are so hard for me- see #1-, but I WILL not spoil it!)
4. Going to Jen Hatmaker’s house for a book launch party in September!!! (Another shameless but honest plug for her upcoming book. Seriously, go preorder For the Love now!)
4 Things about My Appearance:
(Really Tanya?? You went there?)
1. I have blue eyes.
2. I am 5’7. I wish I was a tad bit shorter because I love wearing heels but hate being taller than guys.
3. My hair is super thick. As in so thick that every time someone new cuts my hair, the stylist literally calls everyone over to feel how thick my hair is.
4. I have freckles, and I like them. (#sorrynotsorry Rodan & Fields)
4 Things in my Purse:
1. Insurance cards
3. Debit Card
4. a pen
That’s probably ALL that is in my purse. I refuse to carry a large purse because I can’t stand the clutter, and I refuse to carry everyone else’s stuff just because I have a bag.
4 7 Things I Can’t Live Without:
1. John (My kids too, but I’m learning to live without them present.)
2. A Bible
4. My friends… I NEED my people
5. Beauty (Any kind… pictures on our walls, nature, a smile. I’ve found having beautiful things around me builds joy in my life and reminds me of how amazing God’s love for me is.)
7. Paper and pen. (Even though I can write on my computer all day and night. Writing in my journal or on paper is a must in my life.)
*Like Tanya, I added a few extras because I wasn’t sure if the question was limited to material possessions or not.
Those are my top 4 answers to random fun facts about me. I hope they let you know a little more about me- the random girl behind the blog.
Now, I want to hear your answers! If you have a blog, add your link in the comment section here and on Tanya’s blog. If you don’t have a blog get one! (Just kidding…sort of.) Leave your answers in the comment section.
I can’t wait to hear from you. Happy Summer!